Archive for December, 2010
…and a Year is just a day,
For The new year 2011… who really needs to make a toast? Just drink this soulful music :
BLUE SKY BLACK DEATH – Days Are Years
This post is focused only on few memorable Electro Bass tracks produced in 2010. [However in my mind, i have got also many tracks of IDM, Future Garage, Trip Hop, Glitch, Ambient, Hip Hop, Gehtto bass, Grime, Dubstep...]
Nothing official, This is a simply subjective track list that gives me some good times this year… Hope you will like it, Have a good trip :
1 AS1 – The Lost Forever
[From the "Code Reference" album on Solar One Music]
2 SYNTHALIEN – While owl
[Taken from the "At Night " E.P on Le Galassie Di Seyfert]
3 DEEMPHASIS – We are
[Taken from the "Synthetic Cells" E.P on NewFlesh Records]
4 ADJ – Harvest
[Taken from the "Hand of Mysteries" album on Outside Recordings]
5 SCAPE ONE – Global Surveyor Remix
[Taken from the "Global Surveyor - Remixes" Compilation on Dominance Records]
6 SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES – Blue Hole
[Taken from the "Submersible Machines" 12" on Lunar Disko Records]
7 BORIS DIVIDER – Last Resistance
[Taken from the "Last Resistance" 12" on Drivecom]
8 HADAMARD – One Track Mind
[Taken from the "Love Songs" Album on Transient Force]
9 R21 – Atomic Break Down
[Taken from the "One Nation Under Bass Vol 2" E.P" on Devine Disorder Records]
10 KOMARKEN ELECTRONICS – Breed for Perfection
[Taken from the "Breed for Perfection" E.P" on Bandcamp]
& 11 to 30 : CLICK TO READ MORE >>
This post is focused on the 2010′s productions in Electro Bass movement. Nothing official, no chart, it’s simply some names that gave us some good times in 2K10. These favorite depends on our robotic feelings so the list is subjective. However, everyone should be alright to say there are a couple of very interesting talents inside.
Still lovin’ the past but we had to livin’ in our time so keep 3 eyes on all these activists. We are really impatient to see what is going to happen in 2K11 …
E.P : SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES – SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES [USA]
- The Art to come from nowhere and to shine thanks to a debut E.P. It’s not a simply selection of tracks, it’s a solid E.P made with a deep flow. That’s why between all the great productions, this side-project stays in the minds.
ALBUM : HADAMARD – LOVE SONGS [Netherland]
- Not enough album in 2010, but “LOVE SONGS” can make crazy…too much dope tracks including a fresh producing. The Sexalholics have approved!
COMPILATION : ELECTRONICOS DOMESTICOS 2 [Spain]
- This year ELECTRONICOS DOMESTICOS II is the rare electro compilation which have done the job from A to Z : unknown talents, some news, some risks, quantity-quality, vinyl-cd-mp3, real design, various covers…
NEW LABEL : LAST KNOWN TRAJECTORY [Germany]
- A lot of new inspired labels have been launched in 2010, so it’s not easy to choice. However, may be LAST KNOWN TRAJECTORY make a little difference thanks to their smart brand identity & their concept release…
NEWFLESH RECORDS [France]
- Some working men who produce only vinyls & keep banging the dark side of electro.
The bass is always honored!
TRANSIENT FORCE [USA]
- For us this label is living in its time, to not say flying to the future! A Real chance for underground artists to be highlighted. Currently, it’s the rare imprint to release some original electro bass full length albums…
GHOST TECHNOLOGY [Croatia]
- Not the most productive in 2010 but this label is open minded & focus on the new school. So, we are sure in the next years GHOST TECHNOLOGY is going to shine in the underground.
ARTIST : 214 [USA]
- Chris 214 is daily kicking the beat… He doesn’t forgotten the electronic music needs to represent the future and he produces in this way with a constant pressure and with some brilliant modern sounds.
- The “Coup de Grace” from France…
PIP WILLIAMS [UK]
- PIP WILLIAMS is on the good way to stay in the electro heads. He is a dope producer not close-minded only on electro bass music. The Uk still rules in the music!
MICRO CONTROL UNIT [Belgium]
- A New artist who loves bass and who has some very good ideas in his productions. When MICRO CONTROL UNIT will find his own direction, he will destroy everything.
REMIXER : DR SCHMIDT [Germany]
Coming soon a post about the selection of our most appreciated Electro Bass Tracks of 2010…
BACK TO BIONIC Do You remember the future?
The Blog of Digital & Electro culture : Music, Art, Way of Life & Beyond…
Graffiti Writer : DANIEL TAGNO [Berlin]
Clip Taken from the awesome “METAGRAFFITI” documentary released in 2009
MILITANT SCIENCE is a digital label accustomed to release a lot of underground E.P including just two tracks. Against all ods, the UK label makes a good exception with the first release of a full album. This album called “Stellar Remnants” is signed by one of the best uk producer SCAPE ONE and features 10 electro tracks. On this project, SCAPE ONE is clearly more melodic & groovy than his latest release. Recommended for the electro & break heads.
SCAPE ONE – Stellar Remnants
[Release 12-28-2010 - Digital]
More on the MILITANT SCIENCE website