This post is focused only on few memorable Electro Bass tracks produced in 2010. [However in my mind, i have got also many tracks of IDM, Future Garage, Trip Hop, Glitch, Ambient, Hip Hop, Gehtto bass, Grime, Dubstep...]
Nothing official, This is a simply subjective track list that gives me some good times this year… Hope you will like it, Have a good trip :
1 AS1 – The Lost Forever
[Taken from the " Code Reference " album on Solar One Music]
2 SYNTHALIEN – While owl
[Taken from the " At Night " E.P on Le Galassie Di Seyfert]
3 DEEMPHASIS – We are
[Taken from the " Synthetic Cells " E.P on NewFlesh Records]
4 ADJ – Harvest
[Taken from the " Hand of Mysteries " album on Outside Recordings]
5 SCAPE ONE – Global Surveyor Remix
[Taken from the " Global Surveyor - Remixes " Compilation on Dominance Records]
6 SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES – Blue Hole
[Taken from the "Submersible Machines" 12" on Lunar Disko Records]
7 BORIS DIVIDER – Last Resistance
[Taken from the " Last Resistance " 12" on Drivecom]
8 HADAMARD – One Track Mind
[Taken from the " Love Songs " Album on Transient Force]
9 R21 – Atomic Break Down
[Taken from the " One Nation Under Bass Vol 2 " E.P on Devine Disorder Records]
10 KOMARKEN ELECTRONICS – Breed for Perfection
[Taken from the " Breed for Perfection " E.P" on Bandcamp]
& 11 to 30 : CLICK TO READ MORE >>
This post is focused on the 2010′s productions in Electro Bass movement. Nothing official, no chart, it’s simply some names that gave us some good times in 2K10. These favorite depends on our robotic feelings so the list is subjective. However, everyone should be alright to say there are a couple of very interesting talents inside.
Still lovin’ the past but we had to livin’ in our time so keep 3 eyes on all these activists. We are really impatient to see what is going to happen in 2K11 …
E.P : SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES – SUBMERSIBLE MACHINES [USA]
- The Art to come from nowhere and to shine thanks to a debut E.P. It’s not a simply selection of tracks, it’s a solid E.P made with a deep flow. That’s why between all the great productions, this side-project stays in the minds.
ALBUM : HADAMARD – LOVE SONGS [Netherland]
- Not enough album in 2010, but “LOVE SONGS” can make crazy…too much dope tracks including a fresh producing. The Sexalholics have approved!
COMPILATION : ELECTRONICOS DOMESTICOS 2 [Spain]
- This year ELECTRONICOS DOMESTICOS II is the rare electro compilation which have done the job from A to Z : unknown talents, some news, some risks, quantity-quality, vinyl-cd-mp3, real design, various covers…
NEW LABEL : LAST KNOWN TRAJECTORY [Germany]
- A lot of new inspired labels have been launched in 2010, so it’s not easy to choice. However, may be LAST KNOWN TRAJECTORY make a little difference thanks to their smart brand identity & their concept release…
NEWFLESH RECORDS [France]
- Some working men who produce only vinyls & keep banging the dark side of electro.
The bass is always honored!
TRANSIENT FORCE [USA]
- For us this label is living in its time, to not say flying to the future! A Real chance for underground artists to be highlighted. Currently, it’s the rare imprint to release some original electro bass full length albums…
GHOST TECHNOLOGY [Croatia]
- Not the most productive in 2010 but this label is open minded & focus on the new school. So, we are sure in the next years GHOST TECHNOLOGY is going to shine in the underground.
ARTIST : 214 [USA]
- Chris 214 is daily kicking the beat… He doesn’t forgotten the electronic music needs to represent the future and he produces in this way with a constant pressure and with some brilliant modern sounds.
- The “Coup de Grace” from France…
PIP WILLIAMS [UK]
- PIP WILLIAMS is on the good way to stay in the electro heads. He is a dope producer not close-minded only on electro bass music. The Uk still rules in the music!
MICRO CONTROL UNIT [Belgium]
- A New artist who loves bass and who has some very good ideas in his productions. When MICRO CONTROL UNIT will find his own direction, he will destroy everything.
REMIXER : DR SCHMIDT [Germany]
BACK TO BIONIC Do You remember the future?
The Blog of Digital & Electro culture : Music, Art, Way of Life & Beyond…
The tasty label POMELO introduces a new underground Detroit-based producer named KEMETRIX aka SOULWERK. Close and affiliated to MOODYMAN & STINGRAY, KEMETRIX mixes smartly the two main musical styles of DETROIT : the hot Soul music & the weird Hi-Tech music. His great 6-track EP entitled “Soulbrother #3 ” is actually his first project announcing a promising series. His sweet voice barely touching the omnipresent futuristic-sounds is a surprising hybrid jam, really up-to-date. For the connoisseurs, the KEMETRIX’ productions should remind some new musical fields recently explored by his homies on the URBAN TRIBE’s Selftitled Album (2010). KEMETRIX is for sure a new type of artist to follow. Nice pick again from POMELO Records that continues to promote the music in advance of its time. Recommended!
KEMETRIX – Soulbrother #3 – Preview
[Release Date 11-12-12 - Vinyl & Digital]
More on the More on the Pomelo Website
…Not sure to have ever heard a more freaky tune since that one :
JIMMY EDGAR – Turn You Inside Out
Taken from the great “XXX” album released on Studio !K7 – 2010
DJ TLR [of Crème Organization] has produced a huge mix to celebrate the 20 years of BUNKER RECORDS, the underground electronic Netherlands based Label. Representing a kind of rebellion in the scene, BUNKER RECORDS is a label producing with no compromise, following the “Do it yourself” motto. This imprint is focused on the evil aspect of visual & music (Electro Acid Techno Industrial) giving them an infamous, dark and raw identity that they assume & feel as an experience to reach a kind of Freedom (BTW, it’s always good to read again the biography of this label via Discogs website in order to understand who they started, i mean that for those producers who are always crying about make money with music). The large BUNKER RECORDS’ catalog can be approach in such many ways therefore we are happy to see GUY TAVARES the grand poobah of the label commissioned this mix to the talented TLR, his selection is so fine! After 20 years of activism, of course they are totally deserved to be mentioned as an EPIC label. We guess it was/is not easy for them to survive day-by-day but for now don’t think about the future next years, just enjoy this moment, mad respect :
More on the TLR soundclound page
TRACKLIST & DOWNLOAD : CLICK TO READ MORE >>